24 Mar Make Your Own Emergency Preparedness Kit
Posted at 09:00h in Uncategorized 0 Comments
An Emergency Preparedness Kit should contain essential items to help you and your family stay safe and comfortable during and after a hurricane, or other natural disaster.
Here are some items you should consider including in your kit:
- Water – One gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation.
- Non-perishable food – At least a three-day supply of non-perishable food.
- First aid kit – Including bandages, gauze, antiseptic wipes, and any prescription medications.
- Flashlights – With extra batteries or a hand-cranked model.
- Personal hygiene items – Such as soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, and moist towelettes.
- Whistle – To signal for help.
- Multi-purpose tool – Such as a Swiss Army knife or a Leatherman tool.
- Important documents – Such as copies of identification, insurance policies, and medical information.
- Cash – In case of power outages and ATM/credit card machines being unavailable.
- Cell phone chargers – Including portable chargers or a car charger.
- Extra clothing and blankets – In case of being exposed to cold temperatures.
- Pet supplies – Including food, water, and any necessary medications for your pets.
- Radio – With extra batteries or a hand-cranked model.
- Emergency contact information – Including phone numbers for family members, emergency services, and utility companies.
- Maps of the area – Including evacuation routes and local shelters.
It’s important to keep your Emergency Preparedness Kit in a waterproof container or bag and to keep it in an easily accessible location. Additionally, make sure to check the expiration dates on food, water, and medication periodically and replace as necessary.
None of us may know when disaster will strike, but being prepared for when it does will definitely help you sleep better at night. For more ways to make sure you’re prepared and covered in the event of an emergency, give us a call! We’d be happy to walk you through your current policies with us or give you a second opinion on your current coverages elsewhere! Give us a call! 1-843-979-9200 or visit us at https://laurahibbitsinsurance.com